Another sunrise...He doesnt always speak with audible words or handwriting on the wall...sometimes he just lets the sun peak over the horizon, a silent symbol that He is still on the throne...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I sing very loudlly in my car. It is probably the only place that I belt out songs...who knows- I could be really good. The world may not know what it is missing. But that is beyond the point...Driving home tonight I had quite a few songs that popped into my head. It is interesting to me how a song can come on the radio that can completely take me back to another time. A lyric can jump out at me that reminds me of a vivid scene that starts rolling behind my eyelids. For example: "Forty Miles in Missouri," reminds me of car rides when I was little and the whole family joining in, "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille," reminds me of a car ride home from McDonalds with my daddy and our car windown rolled down, "Fishin in the Dark" reminds me of a house in the country and friends that I hold dear to my heart,"Jump on it" reminds me of senior prom on the river boat, Boy band songs brings me back to college days, Silly Camp songs reminds me of summers spent with amazing people, Frank sinatra reminds me of my husband, and those are just the first on the playlist. I could probably list hundreds of songs that were simply lucky bystanders to some amazing times in my life. I love it how our brains work. We attach memories to songs. Then sometimes out of the blue, after years of life that have replaced previous ones, a song will start playing that will bring that moment out of the dusty recesses of our minds and for just a second, remind us of who we were. I love that.

1 comment:

  1. I think for 90% of the music on my ipod-each song reminds me of a person. i love it. :)

    ReplyDelete